||Written By: MuH-KOoOo
Quest Difficulty: Hard
Quest Type: Members only
Starting Location: Grand Tree, speak to King Narnode.
Required Skills: High enough combat level to defeat a level 195 demon that uses magic, melee and ranged attacks, (AKA 43 prayer)
Required Quests: Must have completed The Grand Tree and Tree Gnome Village.
Required Items: A good weapon, Ring of Dueling OR Amulet of Glory (teleport to Al Kharid for banking), Gold bar, Ball of wool, Monkey corpse (kill a monkey on Karamja for it: you may need to use Range or Mage, or you may need to start the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest), lots of Anti Poison Pots, food & Prayer pots (a great idea but not needed if you have 50 or around prayer cause there is an altar in the city) a good Weapon & armor (not recommended) OR Items to Range or Mage level 195 Demon (Easiest way).
Reward: 10,000 Coins, 3 Diamonds, 3 Quest points, Go talk with Daero to get training in Strength & Hit points OR Attack & Defense. You will get 20K experience in all the skills but you will get 15k more XP (35K total each) in the ones you choose, and 'ability to wield dragon scimitar'
Monkey Madness Runescape Quest Walkthrough:
- The King of the northern Gnomes, Narnode Shareen, is once again in need of your help. He recently decided to send an envoy of his Royal Guard, the 10th squad, to oversee the decommissioning of the Gnome owned ship-building facilities on the eastern coast of Karamja. It has been quite some time since the 10th squad was dispatched and they have been deemed missing in action. It will be up to you, should you decide to help, to find out what fate befell the 10th squad and if possible, track them down.
- Talk with King Narnode and learn that he has a new quest for you. He tells you that Glough has been replaced. You are now on your quest to find the King's Royal Guard and to tell the king what happened. He will give you his Seal.
- Now go to the Top of the Grand Tree and take the glider to Karamja. Go to the shipyard and talk with G.L.O. Caranock. He will tell you that the Royal Guard might have been blown off course by some winds.
- Go back to the king and tell him what Caranock said. He will now send you to Daero (at Blurberry's Bar on the second floor of the Grand Tree, southeast path) with some orders.
- Talk with Daero, he will blindfold you and take you to a Glider Hangar. Daero & your pilot will talk a little. Now go ask Daero why the gliders are folded, he will tell you that they are locked with a code.
- You will discover the Code is a sliding Puzzle, You can skip this part if you have 200k to waste, but if you want to have a challenge do the puzzle and it's all free. Step over to the red control panel (Reinitialisation Panel red dot on above guide map) to begin the puzzle.
- When you are done it will look like this. It is easiest to complete the rows in this order: Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan And last Purple. (This also applies to Treasure Trail Sliding Puzzles.)
- Now the screen will change and the gliders will fold out and stand ready. You are ready to go.
- You fly to the isle where 10th Crashed, known as Crash Island.
- You will find a member of the 10th squad, Lumdo; talk with him. At first he won't sail you to Ape Atoll. Talk to Waydar about convincing him and then he will sail you to Ape Atoll.
- Go to the north of the isle and follow the shore and Cliff west. When the cliff turns go that way and you will be shot with a lot of arrows, so turn on Protect from Ranged prayer now and you will take minimum damage.
- You will end up in Jail with three members of the 10th guard; they will talk for a little while. Nothing important if you are using the guide here.
- There is a monkey guard outside do not come too near him (don't go into the squares near the jail door when he is around the Jail or you will take damage). He will patrol 3 times then he will go to the Switch room and switch with his partner. This is your chance when he does this, if you are outside just run to the exit and into the Grass. If you are in the jail pick lock it and get out quick and hide in the high Grass. (Side note, if you play high detail there are some grass spots that don't hide you, maybe play in low detail if you want to hide in the right places).
- Go east behind the jail, find Karam and talk with him (he is hiding the Grass, and he's good at it). Nothing special but now you know :).
- Here is the important thing, find the sergeant, easy as pie. There is a temple to the East. Go to that temple, enter if you want but inside there are level 167 monkeys so use Protect from Melee. This place is great cause there is an altar. Recharge your prayer if you need to and then get out and hide in the grass again. Now go south of the temple but stick with the wall and go east. Keep in the grass and near the wall, you will see a small house with some monkeys in it. Don't worry they can't see you (though there is a big hole in the wall). Near the big hole is the 10th Sergeant, talk with him and he'll tell you that you need to get an alliance with the Monkey king. Now go talk with the mage.
- The mage is in a long tunnel and if you lost some food it's a good idea to get some cause this is very dangerous. Also bring a teleport out (Duel ring, Charged Glory ammy or a teleport near Al Kharid is the easiest). The Cave & tunnel system is west of where you came sailing wit
h Lumdo: you will see a "!" on your MiniMap. Go down into the dungeon and take the north road. When you come to the split, just walk to the end. Whenever the Screen is shaking go under a ledge and nothing will happened to you. Be aware that the Tunnel contains level 98 Zombie Monkeys and level 142 Skeletons & also a few traps near the end of the tunnel. Walk to the end and you will find 3 Gnomes.
- Talk with the mage gnome. He will tell you that you need to get him these items: Gold bar, something to do Monkey Speech, a Monkey amulet mould, Monkey remains and a Monkey Talisman. Now teleport to Al Kharid and get the Gold bar and refill your food and Anti pots & Prayer pots if needed.
- Take the glider to the Grand Tree and go talk with Daero and he will send you back to Crash Island. Talk with Lumdo and he will take you to Ape Atoll. Now time to get in prison again.
- Get out of prison again and now you have to get into a house south of The Statue in the middle of the city. Stay in the grass as much as possible; don't run too long even with Protect from Ranged on.
- The house is filled with crates. Now Search some crates near the Trapdoor (1 Crate on top of another). Take the Monkey Dentures you find there. Now search the most South East crate say YES and you will land in a cave (be careful because it will damage you). Go northwest in that cave (see upper part of map below) and search the Crates to find the M'Amulet mould. Now go back to the Mage again (annoying, ain't it?). Give the items to the Mage, he will give it back to you and give you an enhanced gold bar (it is green). Teleport to Al Kharid once more, grab your Monkey corpse and a Ball of wool, and of course refill your food and pots.
- Back to the city once again. Now you need to go inside the temple and get down the Trapdoor protected by The level 167 Guards. Recharge your prayer and get down the Trapdoor to a cave with a lot of Zombie monkeys. Keep your prayer turned on and go use the enhanced bar with the Wall of flames. You will get a Monkey amulet. Use your Ball of wool with it and get out of there.
- When you are safe in the Grass again, go to the house west of the Jail, a big empty house. Go in and look outside for a Monkey Child. Make sure there isn't an Aunt near, she must not see you or else she will call the guards and you will be in Jail once again. (As soon as she gets in the house next to the garden area, she'll come out. You can hide in the alley.) When the Aunt is gone hurry and talk with the Monkey Child. Tell him that you are his uncle. Talk a little and he will tell you that his Aunt will give him a toy if he gets 20 Bananas. Because he can't count, you can give him any amount other than 20, so give him like 4-5 bananas (see next step for finding bananas).
- Go back to the house with the crates. Search the ones in the southwest part of the house near the ladder, there should be bananas. (Bananas may also be obtained by searching the banana trees.) Get some and return to the Child.
- Talk with him and give him the Bananas. Wait a little while (still make sure his Aunt isn't near), go talk with him again and he will give you his "Toy." That is the Monkey Talisman. Now go back to the Mage and give him the Monkey corpse & the talisman he will give you a Monkey Greegree. You can hold it and get turned into a Karamja Monkey. Now get back to the 10th Sergeant and he will tell you to get an alliance with the monkey king. From now on, always stay in Monkey form when on Ape Atoll: you won't get attacked by anything. Go talk with the Elder Guard. He will tell you that you need Kruk's Permission to speak with the king.
- Kruk is on the top of the cliffs so go southwest of the city and up the cliff and up the ladder near the gate. Go over and down the ladder and talk with Kruk. Talk a little and he will take you to the king. Talk with the king and ask for an alliance. He will tell you to rescue a monkey from Ardougne Zoo. Talk with the elder guard to get out. Now go to Ardougne Zoo.
- Talk with the Monkey Minder near the Monkey cage. He will tell you that the monkeys try to escape and he's a little annoyed about that. Now turn into a monkey and talk with him; he will put you in the cage. Now talk with one of the monkeys (as human or just as a monkey, it doesn't matter). Talk a little and he will get in your inventory. Turn back into a human (if you haven't already) and talk with the Monkey Minder who will let you out again.
- Now WALK to the Grand Tree (do not Teleport or use Spirit Trees) and fly back and get into the City and go talk with the king again (Remember to be a monkey again). He will think about an alliance. Go talk with the Sergeant again he will give you a Sigil; you are now a member of the 10th Guard. (You may have to talk to the Sergeant 2 or 3 times; also you may need to be a human to get the Sigil. If you die and lose the Sigil, check with the Sergeant; he will send you to Waymottin (?) in the mage tunnel. If you lose the monkey amulet, obtain the items again and visit the mage again. The Monkey Child will cry but if you log out and back in he will stop crying.)
- Now don't Wear it until you are ready to fight the level 195 demon. Get your Gear. Remember it hits 30 with melee and 30 with magic too so Ranged or Maging is Recommended; if you turn on Protect from Magic it's very easy. When you are ready Wear the Sigil and wait a while, you will be teleported with the Rest of the Square to a strange area.
- A big Green demon will appear. Walk a little away from it and make sure it can't use its' melee on you, turn on Protect from Magic now and start hitting it. When it has low life it will regain some health so hit it hard. At last, the demon is defeated, talk with the Mage now and you will be teleported to the Gnome Stronghold, go talk with the king. Quest Completed!
*This guide is also posted on RuneHQ, redistributed with full permission from Muh-K0o0o and the owners of RuneHQ.