||Written By: Pirate Bob
Quest Difficulty: Medium
Quest Type: Members only
Starting Location: The Longhall in Rellekka, North-west of Sinclair Mansion
Required Skills: 40 Crafting, 25 Fletching, 40 Woodcutting, the ability to defeat Draugen (Level-69)
Required Items: 5,250 gp, 1 Raw Shark, Tinderbox, Hatchet (any kind except Black), and a Knife. If you want to
Reward: 3 Quest Points, 2800 experience in Strength, Defence, Attack, Hitpoints, Fishing, Thieving,
Fremmenik Trials, The Runescape Quest Walkthrough:
There are multiple ways you can complete this quest. The order below seems to be the best to
minimize the amount of walking required, but feel free to complete them in any order you please. I
suggest starting the quest with no items except for food and lots of Prayer Potions if you want to get the
Trial #1: Thorvald the Warrior
- To begin, talk to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall and ask him for a quest. He will tell you
that to become a Fremennik, you will need to be voted in by the council of elders, which requires a
majority (at least seven) votes. You can find all twelve council members around the city, but some will
simply refuse to give you their vote, while seven will tell you that to earn their vote, you must complete
- You can find Thorvald just north of the long hall. Being the warrior and man's man that he is, he
will ask you to prove your worth by fighting Koschei the Deathless. But there's a catch: you're not
allowed to use any weapons or armor. You have two options: defeat Koschei the first 3 times, and die
the first time, or kill him all 4 times to get the Barbarian Sword. Don't worry though; you won't really
die the fourth time, you'll just respawn upstairs next to Thorvald.
Trial #2: Peer the Seer
- Head southwest of Thorvald's house and talk to Peer the Seer. All you have to do to earn his
vote is make your way through his house, but it's not as easy as it seems.
- Try to open the door to Peer's house, and you will be given a riddle. There are a few riddles, and
the possible answers are: Tree, Wind, Mage, Fire, Life, Time, and Mind.
- Enter the answer to your riddle, head inside, and go upstairs.
- You don't need to get all of the hidden items in this room to get out, so here's how to get the ones
you need: search the cupboard for a Bucket, the Boxes and Chests for a Jug, the Bull's Head and the
Unicorn's Head for two disks, and the Bookcase for a Red Herring. It's probably easier to just search
everything in the room so you have all of the required items, though, so do whatever you want.
- First you will need a bucket that is 4/5ths filled with water. To do so, you will need the jug and the
bucket. Follow the steps below to get the 4/5 Bucket of Water:
- Fill the Bucket with water (at tap)
- Use the Bucket with the Jug
- Empty the Jug at the drain
- Use the Bucket on the Jug again
- Fill the Bucket again (at the tap)
- Use the full Bucket on the Jug and you will end up with a 4/5 Bucket of Water
- Once you have the 4/5 Bucket, use the Bucket with the scale on the chest. Open the chest to get
the Vase, and take it to the tap and fill it with water.
- Now take the Red Herring and cook it on the range to get some red goop. Use the red goop on the
wooden disk so that you will have two matching Red Disks, and use both disks on the Strange Mural
downstairs to get the lid for the Vase.
- Fill the Vase with water at the tap, and then put the lid on it. Use the Sealed Vase with the Frozen
Table, and the water inside will freeze and expand, breaking the vase open, and leaving you with a
Frozen Key. Heat the Frozen Key up by using it with the Range, and use the Key to unlock the door and
leave the house. Two votes down, 5 more to go!
Trial #3: Swensen the Navigator
- Just southeast of Peer's house you will find Swensen the Navigator, and he will challenge you
to escape from a maze.
- The maze is very easy, all you have to do is go down the ladder, and choose the correct portals in
each room. From the first room, use the South, West, East, North, South, East, and then North portals.
If you didn't catch it, the directions have the same first letters of the letters in his name (SWENSEN).
Trial #4: Manni the Reveller
- Don't get the Tinderbox yet, we'll get to that in a second. Talk to Manni in the longhall and he
will challenge you to a drinking contest. Accept his challenge, get a keg from one of the tables in the
longhall, and you'll lose to him. Now grab a beer from one of the tables in the longhall, and then head
back to Seer's Village.
- Go to the bank in Seer's Village and take out 5250 gp, a Tinderbox, Hatchet, Knife, and a Raw
Shark. Talk to the Poison Salesman on the road on the way back to Rellekka, and after a good long
conversation, he'll sell you a low-alcohol keg for 250 gp.
- On your way back to Rellekka, you'll find a Council Workman on the road. Give him your beer and
he will give you a Strange Object. Go back to the longhall, but don't go inside. On the outside east wall
of the longhall there is a Pipe. Use your Tinderbox on the Strange Object and put it inside the pipe.
- Go back inside and use your low-alcohol keg on a regular keg. Challenge Manni again, this time
you'll have no trouble beating him.
Trial #5: Olaf the Bard
- To the east of the longhall, you will find Olaf the Bard. He will want you to perform for a crowd
on stage to earn his vote, but you will need an instrument to play, so you'll have to make a lyre.
- Head out of Rellekka and go east and a bit south. You should soon see Lalli the troll. Speak to him
about the other human.
- Now go back west a little
and find the Swaying Tree (there is a Woodcutting icon on the minimap).
Chop a branch from the Swaying Tree, and use your knife on it to make an Unstrung Lyre.
- Go back to Rellekka and talk to Askeladden right near the entrance. He will give you a pet rock.
- At the garden just inside the village, take an Onion, Potato, and Cabbage. Head back to Lalli and
offer to make him some rock soup. Use your rock, onion, potato, and cabbage on the cauldron.
- Lalli will give you some Golden Fleece. Go back to Rellekka and use your Golden Fleece on a
Spinning Wheel (you'll have to go back to Seer's Village for the closest Spinning Wheel. You cannot use
the one in Rellekka until you have completed this quest). Use the Golden Wool you make on your
- Just because you have a Strung Lyre doesn't mean you can play it, so head back to Rellekka, but
once you cross the wooden bridge, head west, following the fence until it stops. Head out onto the little
path that sticks out into the water. Use your Raw Shark on the altar there, and Fossegrimen will appear
and bless you with the ability to play your Lyre. Go back to the stage entrance (the door on the
northwest side of the longhall), open the door, and play your Lyre to complete Olaf's trial.
Trial #6: Sigli the Huntsman
- Talk to Sigli just south of the longhall and he'll tell you to defeat The Draugen to prove your
worth. He will give you a Hunter's Talisman to help you find him. Head out of Rellekka and click your
Talisman to find The Draugen.
- It's much like a Runecrafting Talisman. When you click on the Hunting Talisman, it will tell you what
direction Draugen is in. Keep following its directions until The Draugen (Level-69) appears and attacks
- After you defeat him, The Draugen's essence will be collected into the Talisman. Bring the
Talisman back to Sigli and he will know you have defeated The Draugen.
Trial #7: Sigmund the Merchant
- Walk into the market area and find Sigmund the Merchant. He will ask you to retrieve a rare
flower for him. You will have to go on a series of small quests for a bunch of people. Speak to the
people in the following order:
- The Sailor northwest of the market will tell you he will only trade his rare flower for a romantic
- Olaf the Bard will compose you a ballad if you get him some boots.
- Yrsa, in the clothing store directly west of the market, will make you some boots if you get taxes
- Brundt will want to know Sigli's hunting secret.
- Sigli needs new strings for his bow.
- Skulgrimen, north of the longhall (with Thorvald), can provide you with the strings for Sigli if you get
him a certain fish.
- The Fisherman (at the docks), wants a nautical map to use for his fishing adventures.
- Swensen the Navigator wants a weather forecast.
- Peer the Seer wants a bodyguard to protect him.
- Thorvald the Warrior wants a place at the Champion's Table.
- Manni the Reveller wants the bartender's legendary drink.
- Thora, in the longhall, wants to stop Askeladden from bothering her.
- Askeladden wants 5000 gp, and he will give you a Promissory Note.
- Finally you can go back through the people giving them what they want. Go back to Thora, then
Manni, then Thorvald, then Peer, then Swensen, then the Fisherman, the Skulgrimen, then Sigli, then
Brundt, then Yrsa, then Olaf, then the Sailor.
- Once you have the flower, return to Sigmund the Merchant and give him the flower.
Congratulations, you've got all 7 votes!
Head back to Brundt in the longhall to finish the quest.
Note: You can now access all of the shops, utilities, and assets in Rellekka. You can thieve from the
market stalls, ride the boat to Etceteria and Miscellania, change your basic boot color at the clothing
store for a small fee, and you even have access to some new amor and clothing items.
Speak to Olaf the Bard again and he will tell you that if you make another sacrifice to Fossegrimen, she
will bless your Lyre so you can use it to teleport to Rellekka. 1 Raw Shark gets you 2 uses, a Raw Sea
Turtle gets you 3 uses, and a Raw Manta Ray gets you 4 uses.
Also, you will be accepted into the clan and be given a new name: